Uvioo.com – I was quite excited on first hearing about this method to make money online, the concept is very simple – just share your favourite YouTube videos on Facebook, Twitter, Digg or any of the 15 sharing platforms that Uvioo provides. Not only do you get paid for the share, but for every like and share that the video receives from your initial share, aswell as referral sign ups that you may get as a result! For a viral video such as “Charlie bit my finger” you could imagine this revenue share growing considerably!
Before signing up I did a little research without much success – for every claim of SCAM! there’s a different glowing report of big payouts, anywhere from $100 – $1000′s per month.
As the sign up process is free I decided to sign up and see for myself, my first share earned me $0.20. Shortly afterwards the red flags began to appear…
1. Login causes a very sneaky pop up/under or whatever it is from the EmpowerNetwork, I really don’t like sites that use this kind of advertising.
2. FAQ – Nowhere to be found, along with a very sketchy “how it works” page and just plain confusing “terms” page.
3. No mention of minimum payout, although other site reviews claim this to be $100.
4. Monthly paid “premium” membership and checkpoint upgrades. With the free membership you reach “checkpoints”, the first one being at $5 – at this point you may buy the checkpoint and receive $10 in return??
5. No discussion forum for members to share experiences, I feel this is a must on any Make Money Online site.
I guess this would be ok if you could use your earnings to buy the upgrade – so why then do they ask for your credit card details? No idea, but they weren’t getting mine to find out!
On their positive side is that you are under no obligation to purchase any upgrades or checkpoints. The only way to test out if you will still be paid without purchasing these is to share the videos to friends in the hope of them sharing the videos and signing up under you, which I’m not prepared to do without any more information! Kind of a catch 22 going on now!
Payment is via cheque or PayPal, which does go towards their favour a little.
The site has been in operation for over two years, surely if it was a blatant scam/ponzi scheme they would have been shut down before now? Maybe not!
Overall, my advice is stay away from this one – If, like me, the curiosity gets the better of you then here’s a link to Sign Up for free. Until you know more about this, please do not purchase any membership or upgrades using your credit card details.
Is UViOo scam or legit? I don’t know yet, but I wouldn’t take any chances and advise anyone to err on the side of caution!
As I have not received a payout from this site, please note that I am not in any way endorsing or encouraging you to sign up to Uvioo.
If anyone has had more experience with this site, please feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts, opinions or warnings